Topics

What should be done to mine something in Lagonaki

Andy Lee

Hi folks,

I'm a newbie in blockchain technology and I was looking for something for study more deeply.

Scorex looks great especially trying something with less effort. So I downloaded Lagonaki and managed to run two local nodes and those seemed working fine. But I have a few following questions.

1. What is the purpose of settings-dealer.json file? Is there other working mode or something on Lagonaki?

2. Do I need any other client to start mining? Or just let those node working expecting it to mine something?

Sorry for my silly questions. Any comment will be welcomed and appreciated.

Have a nice day!

Alexander Chepurnoy

Hi Andy!

Thanks for the interest!

Lagonaki is an implementation of Permacoin consensus protocol (by A. Miller et al. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?arnumber=6956582). Permacoin's goal is to store a fixed dataset across the network. Thus a trusted dealer needed to announce the dataset and spread it to miners initially.

Thus you need to run a dealer node and then other nodes will download chunks of the set from it and then start mining. Mining is enabled by default.

Sincerely, Alexander.

Andy Lee

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for your kind reply!

I'll read the paper and try what you explained.